Can I use WebRoot on more than one browser, on the same computer or device?

• 17 April 2015
  • 3 replies

My name is Cindy,  Hello to all

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Cindy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

A lot in one questions, so:

1. with more than one browser.

Yes, the Web Filtering & Password Manager (if you have a version that has that feature) will be installed for all the main
     stream browsers, i.e. IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.

2.  on same computer

Yes, if you us all of the above onone computer then WSA covers them all.

3.  on same device

Well, here it depends what you mean by 'device' but there are WSA versions for PC, Mac, Android & iOS devices.  It is
      more the case of how many devices are you licensed for.  If licensed for 3 device for 1 year then you can install/use
      WSA on up to 3 devices of any mix that you like, i.e., desktop, laptop, tablet or Mac, ipad & PC, etc.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
To be specific: I use one laptop with Safari 10.9 and Firefox 37.0 browsers.  I have Webroot Complete Edition.  I purchased Webroot on Safari and added Firefox afterward.
Q 1 - How do I apply Webroot onto Firefox?
Q 2 - Is an additional browser included in the same account?

Cindy
Userlevel 7
Hi Cindy

You should check in the Firefox Extensions/Addons to see if the Password Manager & Web Filtering Extensions are installed & enabled.  It could just be that the extensions are there an just not switched on.

Your WSA license/account is not regulated by the number of browsers or vice versa.  I have the following installed and all have the Webroot extensions; Chrome, Maxthon, IE, Firefox, Paemoon, Waterfox & Aviator (I do alot of testing...;))...the number of browsers that you have and can use WSA exteniosn with is only regulated by the type of browser, i.e., Safari, IE, Chrome & Firefox, and their derivatives  are covered but something like the Avant browser (as far as I know) are not.

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick