Solved

How do I "unblock" something blocked by firewall

• 25 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Firewall asked me to make a decision about a process and I said “block”

Now I want to “unblock” it but I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 25 September 2022, 18:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Thank you for your answer, but no, the blocked file is not visible anywhere in “Active Connection”

Uninstalling and installing back works, but this is not a solution each and every time when you want to “unblock” a previously blocked file.

Doing nothing is again a non-solution because Webroot will allow the file after 120sec.

So, in fact , how can I block a suspicious file to connect to internet in a logical way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @kagoroo 

Have a look here under Active Connections and look for the Block, note Webroot has not updated the last couple of pictures in this page: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallWebShieldProtection/ManagingActiveConnections.htm

If that doesn’t work then do a clean reinstall of WSA and also tell us what version of Webroot you are using?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,