Some New Community Features

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies
There are a few new features we've just activated on the Community to be excited about.

1. Accepted Solutions Notifications
As many of you may have noticed, you're now receiving Accepted Solutions Notifications for topics to which you are subscribed.  So if you're keeping track of a topic to see when it becomes solved, it's now a bit easier to do that.

2. Pictures are now visible when using the Mobile view on mobile devices.
This should make our mobile users a bit happier! :D

3. Tablets (just tablets - not phones) now display the non-mobile view by default. 
Generally speaking, tablets are better-suited to display the full view than the mobile view.  You still have the option to switch to the mobile view if you prefer it.

And coming soon...
@Mentions

Using this feature, you'll be able to tag users in a post by putting the @ symbol in front of their name.  So if you find a topic you know a friend would be interested in, you can say something to the effect of "@Username will love to see this!" to notify the user of the topic.  The user will then receive a notification email that they have been mentioned in a topic.  We'll let you know as soon as this is ready.  It's getting pretty close!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Regarding the@mentions: While I think this will be a really neat feature, and I look forward to seeing it in use, I can see the possibility that someone might want to NOT receive the notifications.  Will there be a way in settings to turn off notification emails in the event they have been tagged in a post?
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim, really nice features which should improve a use of this community site.
Userlevel 7
@DavidP wrote:
@Regarding the@mentions: While I think this will be a really neat feature, and I look forward to seeing it in use, I can see the possibility that someone might want to NOT receive the notifications.  Will there be a way in settings to turn off notification emails in the event they have been tagged in a post?
Yes, that ability will be included (assuming all goes according to plan).  🙂
Userlevel 7
Ah wonderful features Jim Thanks a lot. Really like the 1 and 2.:)
Userlevel 7
Good news!  The@Mentions feature I talked about before is now active.  To mention a friend in a post, use the @ symbol in front of their name.  For instance, @ is now going to get an email letting him know that he's been mentioned in a topic.  🙂
Userlevel 7
Nice work Webroot Team, thanks!
Userlevel 7
Smart feature, indeed. Thanks Jim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ news!  The@Mentions feature I talked about before is now active.  To mention a friend in a post, use the @ symbol in front of their name.  For instance, @ is now going to get an email letting him know that he's been mentioned in a topic.  :)
Works great Jim I got the notification! 😉 @JimM see if this works? http://community.webroot.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Some-New-Community-Features/td-p/38360#.UZ-MJZywWas

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Daniel, seeing your post and it seems that it doesn't work because the hyperlink is missing.
Userlevel 7
It doesn't seem to be working for admins (and maybe mods) at the moment, but I'll look into it. It should work fine for everyone else though.

*edit - It's working for mods and admins now as well.  🙂