SanDisk is making a 128GB MicroSD card

• 25 February 2014
  • 42 replies

Show first post

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Ah the C64! I still have two at home including one that has the 5 1/4 floppy drive and a modem! What a device, hours watching my brother playing Jet Set Willy. 
Nice!  I used to have a working one (not the original, but another one I bought) but I got rid of it a while back.
Userlevel 7
My first computer was a Tandy Color Computer (CoCo) with a cassette tape drive.

It was amazing!
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
My first computer  IBM 086 :D
There were times ....
Userlevel 5
My 1st was a tandy 1000, mine was the fancy model w 2x 5.25 drives and a HHD 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
 Petrovic wrote;      My first computer  IBM 086 
There were times ....

Petrovic: Well I worked on the IBM punch card reader (479 bytes) when I was working with my Dad in my younger days. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Cohbraz, Hello, a cassette tape drive? Naive on that sort of system:S
Userlevel 7
Daniel, whilst we of course had those machines we in the UK also had our own home grown machines such as the BBC Computer, the Sinclair ZX81, the Sinclair ZX Spectrum that was the closest equivalent to the Commodore 64, and finally the Sinclair QL (which actually had a primative form of flash removable storage if my memory (no pun intended) does not fail me)

Like the machines you mentioned...a lot of people over here of my age (not saying how old :$) cut their programming teeth on this sort of kit...a happy memories, eh?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
a happy memories, eh?
Very happy memories! :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I played Manic Miner on a friend's ZX, and then once I got my C64 that was the first game I bought.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
:D

Userlevel 7
For those of us that started when the 5.25" floppies were in use, that is just about mindbogling.  
Userlevel 5
speaking of floppies anyone start in the 8" drive days? Personally I used 5.25" drives a lot, but the 8" were before my time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi I have the 5.25 but havent used it for a long time..remember the zip drives external ones..i used ti realky love those. ..
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
:D

Ah I had several of those 128 MB micro sd cards in my family's Nokia phones. We were so happy back then to have such a big storage in our phones to store so many mp3, pictures and videos! Oh how we have come through technologies. It's gonna get better and I want to enjoy every bit of it.:D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi I have the 5.25 but havent used it for a long time..remember the zip drives external ones..i used ti realky love those. ..
I remember those well, though i didnt use one.  I did have a drive that used disks the size of a 3.5 floppy butheld 120 mb.  Darn thing held a lot but was slow.  A lot faster than tape though!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hey David are you good with Android isSUEs with WSAC keep s qutting on me when i open email links. Will post later todsy. Thxs
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Gotta love the technology but tuff to keep uup...