‘Subconscious ordering’: Pizza Hut Introduces Menu That Scans Eyes to Take Order

• 2 December 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
App aims to read customers' minds to suggest an order 

Pizza Hut restaurants are launching a creepy new interactive menu which will watch patrons’ eyes to determine what they’d like on their pies.Touting the automated menu as “the future of dining,” the pizza chain says they “have developed the world’s first Subconscious Menu” as a “unique way to reinvent the dining experience.”

The quizzical innovation, developed by Swedish eye-tracking pioneer Tobii Technologies, calibrates with a customer’s retinas, tracks users’ eye movements, then uses an algorithm to suggest what it thinks will be the perfect order.

http://www.infowars.com/subconscious-ordering-new-pizza-hut-menu-takes-order-by-scanning-retina/

Naw...no chance, it'll never work...how will I tell it to leave off the capers, but add extra pepperoni etc. :D Getting your pizza right is critical in my view...no compromise and no wrong orders!!

How could this possibly succeed?...

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That is both fascinating and creepy 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
That is both fascinating and creepy :)
I am with Nic... and I think more on the creepy side.  There have been, for some time, applications that deal with eye movement, so that part of the tech is not new, but this application of it is certainly..... creepy.  

Though it might come in quite handy 10 minutes into dinner when your water glass is empty and you have already been waiting 5 minutes for a refill, as long as they have an alarm at the servers station that is 🙂