Skip to main content

Take Android Screenshots With a Simple Swipe or No Buttons at All

• 25 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Taking screenshots with Android can be tricky and sometimes frustrating, especially if you're trying to capture a specific scene in motion, like in a video clip or game. And if you're not careful with your buttons, you might end up accidentally shutting your phone down or restarting it.

<< Full Article >>

As someone who routinely reboots his phone taking screenshots, I appreciated these tips. I have a Pixel phone and really like how easy it is to screenshot there without reboot my phone!

The latest version of Color OS on my Oppo Android phone seems to have resolved a lot of things like this, I don’t tend to get issues with accidentally rebooting the phone but appreciate the tips regardless and have shared with a colleague who DOES do this all the time!

Not an issue for me or my family as we are all iPhone users but ive sent this on to work colleagues that haven't got iPhones and ive had a couple of thanks back so thanks to you!

I know the purpose of this article was to show an alternate way of taking screenshots on Android, but I must admit as an iPhone user I didn’t know how to take a screenshot at all. Thanks for sharing. This was super helpful in multiple ways. 

There was a similar thread for iPhone about setting the back tap for screenshot.

I think I have as many screenshots on my phone as I have photos lol