Windows 10

• 5 December 2015
  • 6 replies

Anyone have recent experience with the new Windows 10? Care to share or advise?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi khonstein

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Whether you are looking for some information on Windows and WSA or just Windows 10 please see this KB Article that has been prepared to assist Community members.

If you search (top right hand corner of forum page, and select 'Community' rather than the default 'Board') using "Windows 10" as the search argument, you should find a number of Windows 10 related threads in which members detail there views on Windows 10 as well as some of their frustrations.

In summary, I would say that Windows 10 has been IMHO extraordinarily successful as a launch when compared to some of the previous versions and that for most WSA users there have been no issue. But having said that it is true that some users, very few in overall numbers, have had a bit of nightmare with the upgrade.

In terms of compatibility with WSA and vice versa the main issue has been that because Edge (the new browser from MS) does not yet support extensions it is not possible to use the Webroot ones when browsing with that browser. Please see HERE for more information on that.

But generally, everything works well.

Hope that helps?  But if you have any more specific questions then please feel free to ask.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
 "Anyone have recent experience with the new Windows 10? Care to share or advise?"

Which OS are you currently using? Personally I went from Windows 7 directly to Windows 10. I'm finding Windows 10 a real treat. It boots much faster than my previous OS, very simple to use, but with a small learning curve.......................you will likely be happy with the upgrade. The Edge Browser, although it doesn't currently support add ons, once configured the way you would like it, is a fast and spontaneous Browser. Personally I like it, and have been using it as the Default Browser for a couple months. I also utilize the PaleMoon Browser.
All in all Windows 10, in my humble opinion, Is the best OS to date................................
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Using windows 10 too. I actually upgraded my machine as a test since i'm not yet allowed to go Windows 10 at work. It was a case if it would work i'd be happy if it didn't i revert and i'm still using it.  Like what ? said. Very small learning curve.One small tip is ( personal taste ) when the update's done and after getting familiar with, do a clean install of Windows 10 to get rid of Windows 7 traces because some do cause problems later on.
And the most important thing you should not forget is that WSA is fully windows 10 compatible so no need to be scared on that
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
"do a clean install of Windows 10 to get rid of Windows 7 traces "

Good point......................I did exactly that!.........(I should have added).............after a few weeks!

Userlevel 7
"do a clean install of Windows 10 to get rid of Windows 7 traces "...in my humble opinion that is absolutely unnecessary unless one runs into problems when doing the upgrade over the top of the current Windows version installed.

And many users will not know how to do so and will be concerned at the prospects of ding so. For the tech heads amongst us, yes, perhaps but for the general public...as I said before...completely unneccessary...unless there is a problem with the upgrade.

I have not on any of my machines and the upgrades went perfectly...without any issues whatsoever.

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? you are very right in stating that it's not really required especially if you are not tech savy and i'm surely not going to elaborate more on my reasons & details for it as that would become way too tech. Just call it an upgrade bug that most people will not even notice unless they start digging in the system. Maybe Microsoft will fix that bit in one of the future major upgrades of windows 10. If we moderately tech savy people can find these shortcomings then maybe these things ( if i may call them vulnerabilities ) may be used against you by people with bad intentions. That is my concern and that is why i said what i said.