Solved

Chinese emails

• 26 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have been getting emails with 2 rows of Chinese characters.  They are listed under lots of different subjects so I don’y know what they are until I see it.  I get a notice in my right hand screen after that  that I should run my anti virus for hackers.  I run web root but it never finds anything,

has anyone else had this and what should I do?   bj

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 26 April 2024, 20:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @joyhill 

It sounds like scareware so unless your clicking on an attachment I wouldn’t be concerned and just delete the spam. If you want a free security check contact Webroot Support.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365 it’s the best way!

Call 1-866-612-4227  during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MST)

Also phone numbers from around the world: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Been seeing these too. Annoying but just have to ignore

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

As @TripleHelix said it’s some sort of scareware or spammy conjunction of techniques to try and get you to action something which ultimately leads to you being compromised.

I’d block the domains if you’re seeing these come through and if it’s quite frequent then it could just be targeted. It will stop after a while unless you implement some sort of email protection filter.

I know Webroot have their “Webroot™ Advanced Email Threat Protection”