Skip to main content

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Released

• 7 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Highlights

Support for:

Quantum Break™️

Upto 35% faster performance using Quantum Break™️ on Radeon™️ R9 Fury X than with Radeon™️ Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2(1).

Oculus Rift™️

HTC Vive™️

Important Note

Please disconnect the HTC Vive™️ headset from the computer before installing the AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 16.4.1 driver. Once the driver installation is complete you may reconnect the HTC Vive™️ headset.

Resolved Issues

Frame rate capping issues experienced in some DirectX®️12 applications is resolved.

Hitman™️ may experience flickering when played in DirectX®️ 11 mode using high game shadow settings.

Known Issues

A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"

Need For Speed™️ may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire™️ mode. As a work around users can disable the profile through the Radeon™️ Settings game manager.

The Division™️ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™️ mode.

Power efficiency toggle in Radeon™️ Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.

XCOM2™️ users may experience an application crash when using AMD Crossfire™️ mode. As a work around please disable AMD Crossfire™️ for the games profile in the Radeon™️ Settings Gaming tab.

Some DX9 applications cannot disable AMD Crossfire™️ mode through Radeon™️ Settings.

A small subset of AMD Radeon™️ R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds. A work around is to raise your fan speeds through AMD Overdrive in Radeon™️ Settings manually to a desired amount.

HDMI Scaling options may not be available in Radeon™️ Settings on some system configurations.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.4.1.aspx

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great thanks Petr! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks for the update :D

I was havig the fan speed isue, shame I have to manually mess with it all now to just have a quiet happy system. Either that or have a GPU BBQ.

Least they are looking into it

Brad
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Humm I am gping to have to check out my one system with this AMD...

Userlevel 7
Thanks, Petr...I will have to check out whether my venerable graphics card is covered by this or not...:@