Skip to main content
Is it possible to delete the threat log data so that when I save a threat log in utilities it’s empty? Or is that impossible without uninstalling the software and possibly ruining my key and having to buy a new one?
Is it possible to delete the threat log data so that when I save a threat log in utilities it’s empty? Or is that impossible without uninstalling the software and possibly ruining my key and having to buy a new one?

Hello @gamefan

Sorry for the delayed response. This must of slipped through the cracks.

I have never answered this sort of question before so my thoughts on this is you cannot delete the threat log data and save a threat log in utilities and show that it is empty.

You can uninstall/reinstall Webroot as many times as necessary as long as your subscription is active. This will not ruin your keycode or will you need to buy a new Webroot subscription by uninstalling/reinstalling Webroot.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to uninstall/reinstall Webroot.

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

@TripleHelix do you have anything to add to this post?

Hope this helps?
Hi Sherry nothing to add as that's the only way to clear the Threat Log as it states here: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingReportsAndViewers/SavingThreatLogs.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Reports%2520and%2520Viewers%7C_____2

"The system prompts you for a location to save the log, gathers threat data saved since installation to a text file, and displays the file."

Thank you Daniel! I appreciate that feedback! 😊