Skip to main content
Solved

ever since I have installed webroot on my computers I have not been able to view video clips

• 7 September 2014
  • 17 replies

hi this is my first time posting here and this is a small problem that i hope to find help with here...i cant view any video clips from any web site ( facebook, my isp home page etc )

this has been going on since i have installed webroot....the product itself is outstaning for the way it functions and i would hate to delete it just so i can whatc video clips agan ... is there a fix for this

Thanks in advance for y'alls time and effort in this matter

Chuck B
Hi ChuckB

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Would you advise as to whether you are using a specifica application to view the video clips or itf these are just the ones that are embedded in a web page, i.e., as one can get over at YouTube?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Baldrick
there just the embedded ones like you tube and some that are from smart phones and iphones
Try to reinstall or update Java.
I agree with Ellesmer, that would be worth trying.  BTW what browser(s) do you use?
im using IE 11 on a new computer will try the reinstall java and let y'all know

Nice one, ChuckB...we await your update...;)
well guys i hate to say this but that didnt work....i'm still getting a green screen where the video should be
Some have reported fixing this by checking using software rendering in Internet Options> Advanced Options. And reboot.

ty for the help all of you and kudos for the effort on all parts

ty Dermot7 that was the fix
You're welcome,glad to help ChuckB 😃
May I ask what version of WSA you have so I can move it to the correct forum! http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/compare

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
it just says webroot secure anywhere advanced security for pc mac and mobile devices ...3 devices
Have a look here to find out what your version is: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C12_MyAccount/CH11a_ViewingAccount.htm

And from the picture below!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

ver 8.0.4.123

sorry about that triplehelix
I think you have Internet Security Plus for 3 devices? Am I right? 😃 As I have Internet Security Complete good for 5 devices.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
yep sorry for the screw up lol still getting used to the program
No worries we are a friendly bunch and stop by anytime!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉