I have an alert that my Webroot subscription expires in 3 days that will not go away.

• 14 July 2016
  • 1 reply

I have an alert that won't go away on one device, an ASUS laptop running Windows 10, but on my Surface 3 with the same Webroot keycode & serial # there is no alert and it shows my subscription as Active. I don't see an expiration date. The alert on the laptop reads "Your security subscription expires in 3 days" "Renew your subscription to Webroot SecureAnywhere now to continue to protect your PC." with a blinking red X. I have closed, cleared all, restarted, and the alert remains near the lower right corner of the screen in front of all other windows. The original subscription was from GeekSquad/Best Buy and if I click the alert a browser window opens appearing to be GeekSquad wanting a credit card. I am concerned that this is a scam, as surely a legitimate company would not appear as ransom-ware with an alert that can't be closed, and also any other device with the same subscription should have the same renewal info. Please advise!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi natd

Welcome to the Community Fourms.

This does sound somewhat strange; the happening on one device but not another...., but generally the renewal prompts do appear daily until actual renewal has occurred.

In the circumstances I would contact Best Buy/Geek Suad (contact direct for a chat HERE or on 1.800.GEEKSQUAD) and see what they have to say as to the legitimacy of the popup, etc.

As and when you do and they reply please let us know as such feedback is useful tto us in our quest to help members.

Regards, Baldrick