I paid for a 2 year subscription with webroot for 5 devices, thinking I was renewing my Geek Squad s

• 23 July 2016
  • 3 replies

I paid Webroot for a 2 year subscription (for 5 devices) believing I was responding to a Geek Squad offer.  When I added the new key code to my Geek Squad version I was notified my subscription was expired.  I have uninstalled the Geek Squad version, and downloaded and installed my Webroot version.  Hpwever, the key code is already registered.  How do I deregister from the Geek Squad version so I can add the new key code (with 1 year remaining on the subscription) to the current Webroot program? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi kuhdwi

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The uninstallation of the previous version (Best Buy/Geek Squad) should have removed it from your system and installation of the Webroot version together with entry of the associated keycode should have been enough to get you going.

So can you advise as to exactly when you are being told that "the key code is already registered", what exactly is the message you receive at that time and can you also advise as to where you bought the Webroot version from?

I am guessing (guessing mind) that you purchased the Webroot version online but 'privately' and that the keycode was previously registered to the person you bought from. If that is the case then the keycode will be linked to their email address and therefore until that link is broken you will not be able to use that keycode.

This is only a guess and if I am incorrect then please accept my apologise. I awit your responses.

Regards, Baldrick
I did find out that my subscription is good now until the expiration date I expected.   Now I will find out how the features like Password Manager work.  At first look, I have to purchase that program, but I thought that was part of my SecurityAnywhere Complete.
Userlevel 7
Hi kuhdwi

If you have the Complete version then it is...and you may find this KB Article useful in realtion to that.

Regards, Baldrick