I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now my webroot has disappeared. What to do?

• 6 August 2016
  • 1 reply

I don't know what to do, I can't find the programs it has to be in there somewhere.  Windows 10 platform is different than what I had so now I can't see my programs!  I'd like to know WHY it disappeared from the bottom of my screen where I could access it and scan my pc and do utilities.  HELP!  Thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi sjb83162

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It could be that it was removed when you upgraded...there have been stories about this happening but not very often at all.

To see if WSA is runnng please right click on the task bar a the bottom of the Desktop & select the 'Task Manager'. Once that is is open make sure that you are clicked/looking at the Processes tab.

In the Processes tab look down the list of active processes, on the left hand side of the panel, and see if you can see the following:

?
If you can see those two entries then WSA is installaed on your system & running, and it is just a case of finding the icon to access it. But if they are not then WSA is not installed and we will need to re-install it.

Post back with what you find and we will take it from there.

Regards, Baldrick