Skip to main content

Last time I paid, I had 5 pc licenses;now I have only 3???

• 11 December 2016
  • 19 replies

Last time I paid, I had 5 pc licenses;now I have only 3???
Hi airchamber1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I ask where you purchased the previous subscription (the one for 5 devices) & whether that is the same place as your latest subscription (the one that appears to be for 3 devices). And if not the same provenance then who have yo bought the latest subscription from?

Regards, Baldrick
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Since you posted in the Internet Security Plus forum as you should know it only comes as a 3 device and up to 5 please see here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/isp may I ask where you purchased your copy of WSA from? Also was it a renewal or a new purchase copy?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
I have a laptop which I use to run two separate Windows 10 VM's.  Does this require "2" Webroot SecureAnywhere - Internet Security Plus licenses (out of my 3)? 

(License by machine or by instance of Windows 10 VM?)

Thanks
Hello @ 

This KB Article should explain it for you.
@ wrote:

I have a laptop which I use to run two separate Windows 10 VM's.  Does this require "2" Webroot SecureAnywhere - Internet Security Plus licenses (out of my 3)? 

Thanks

License by Windows 10 instance NOT by machine.
@ wrote:

Thanks

@ wrote:

Hello @ 

This KB Article should explain it for you.

Yes as I use VM's as well so each VM uses a seat. Even a Clone VM will need another seat if you use VM Clones.

Daniel
Hello,

Sorry, if I am out of order, but I know nothing about VM's.

However, I did buy a licence for VMware Workstation 12.5.0 Pro which was to good to miss with the recent 40% discount.

I want to install it on my Surface Book.  Does that mean once I have it installed, I have to buy another licence for Windows 10, or does my Surface Book license, suffice?  I just want to test some betas, and if I run into trouble, I can wipe that VM. 

Perhaps, this should be moved to it's own topic.? Any thoughts?
For each VM you will need a Valid Windows License with a keycode and for each Windows install and WSA installed will use a seat from your WSA keycode.

XP to Windows 10, you can also install Linux OS's as well on VM's.
Right now I have 3 VM's installed!

@ wrote:

For each VM you will need a Valid Windows License with a keycode and for each Windows install and WSA installed will use a seat from your WSA keycode.

Are you saying I have to cough up, and buy another Windows 10 x64 Pro license from Microsoft.?  I wouldn't begin to know where one would but a required license.  I know you can't buy a disc [retail] with the install, since laptops don't have disc players. I guess one has to download an ISO, these days?
@ wrote:

@ wrote:

Are you saying I have to cough up, and buy another Windows 10 x64 Pro license from Microsoft.?  I wouldn't begin to know where one would but a required license.  I know you can't buy a disc [retail] with the install, since laptops don't have disc players. I guess one has to download an ISO, these days?

You could sign up to be a Windows Insider and test the new Windows 10 Pre-Releases? https://insider.windows.com/
@ wrote:

@ wrote:

@ wrote:

Are you saying I have to cough up, and buy another Windows 10 x64 Pro license from Microsoft.?  I wouldn't begin to know where one would buy a required license.  I know you can't buy a disc [retail] with the install, since laptops don't have disc players. I guess one has to download an ISO, these days?

You could sign up to be a Windows Insider and test the new Windows 10 Pre-Releases? https://insider.windows.com/

I didn't think it was possible to sign up, now, since Windows 10 has been officially released since July, 2015.  But, I could see how I go, with trying that as an option. 😉
@ wrote:

I didn't think it was possible to sign up, now, since Windows 10 has been officially released since July, 2015.  But, I could see how I go, with trying that as an option. ;)

Yes you can! ;)

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Announcing-Windows-10-Insider-Preview-Build-14986-for-PC/td-p/277953
@ wrote:

@ wrote:

I didn't think it was possible to sign up, now, since Windows 10 has been officially released since July, 2015.  But, I could see how I go, with trying that as an option. ;)

Yes you can! ;)

The only thing is  I never created an account with Microsoft,  just a user on my Surface Book.  I didn't want to give to much information away to Microsoft, because I value my privacy.  I guess I can give them a name and e-mail address that I have had for a long time, that would be suitable.  And, create a new user for the VM? I guess that wouldn't unacceptable?
@ wrote:

@ wrote:

@ wrote:

Yes you can! ;)

The only thing is  I never created an account with Microsoft,  just a user on my Surface Book.  I didn't want to give to much information away to Microsoft, because I value my privacy.  I guess I can give them a name and e-mail address that I have had for a long time, that would be suitable.  And, create a new user for the VM? I guess that wouldn't unacceptable?

You can do whatever you like! I know who you are and know where you live! LOL 😃 😃
@ wrote:

@ wrote:

@ wrote:

@ wrote:

Yes you can! ;)

You can do whatever you like! I know who you are and know where you live! LOL 😃 :D

lol - Mum's the word! ;) :D
All my prior purchases have been from webroot.com.

I am very confused. It seems that the price/#license's depends on where you go to pay
I have always purchased from webroot.com(Resp#1 was to Baldrick). 
@ wrote:

All my prior purchases have been from webroot.com.

I am very confused. It seems that the price/#license's depends on where you go to pay

I was unable to locate any subscriptions under the email address listed in your Profile.

Please contact our Sales Team directly if you are still encountering any issues:

Sales Number: 1-866-612-4268 M-F 7am?8pm MT