Solved

Nagging "Firewall is disabled" message

  • 18 April 2018
  • 5 replies
  • 884 views

Not actually a problem with Webroot but maybe someone knows of a solution. I have Windows Firewall disabled since I don't need it. Webroot Firewall is better. But, Windows 10 keeps complaining that Windows Firewall is disabled. Any way to stop the nagging?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 18 April 2018, 20:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Not actually a problem with Webroot but maybe someone knows of a solution. I have Windows Firewall disabled since I don't need it. Webroot Firewall is better. But, Windows 10 keeps complaining that Windows Firewall is disabled. Any way to stop the nagging?
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!
 
You need to have Windows Firewall ON as well with WSA's Firewall! WSA's Firewall is only Outbound and you need Windows Firewall for Inbound! See here: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallProtectionWebShieldProtection/ManagingFirewalls.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Firewall%2520%252F%2520Web%2520Shield%2520Protection%7C_____1
 

Managing Firewalls

The SecureAnywhere firewall monitors data traffic traveling out of your computer ports. It looks for untrusted processes that try to connect to the Internet and steal your personal information. It works with the Windows firewall, which monitors data traffic coming into your computer. With both the SecureAnywhere and Windows firewall turned on, your data has complete inbound and outbound protection.
You should not turn off either the Windows firewall or the SecureAnywhere firewall. If they are disabled, your system is open to many types of threats whenever you connect to the Internet or to a network. These firewalls can block malware, hacking attempts, and other online threats before they can cause damage to your system or compromise your security.
The SecureAnywhere firewall is preconfigured to filter traffic on your computer. It works in the background without disrupting your normal activities. If the firewall detects any unrecognized traffic, it opens an alert where you can block the traffic or allow it to proceed.
 
 
Userlevel 7
Hello MisterLoaf, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
 
Please DO NOT Disable the Windows Firewall. It works with the Webroot Firewall.
https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallProtectionWebShieldProtection/ManagingFirewalls.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Firewall%2520%252F%2520Web%2520Shield%2520Protection%7C_____0
 
Edit: Daniel I need to learn how to type faster. LOL :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Hello MisterLoaf, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
 
Please DO NOT Disable the Windows Firewall. It works with the Webroot Firewall.
https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallProtectionWebShieldProtection/ManagingFirewalls.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Firewall%2520%252F%2520Web%2520Shield%2520Protection%7C_____0
 
Edit: Daniel I need to learn how to type faster. LOL :D
I don't even see you online! :p
 
😃
OK. Thanks for your reply. I'm a little disappointed that I have to run TWO firewall programs, but, whatever.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
OK. Thanks for your reply. I'm a little disappointed that I have to run TWO firewall programs, but, whatever.
Don't be as Windows Firewall is great so that's why WSA's Firewall is only Outbound and I like the combo! 😉

Reply