Skip to main content

I started with Webroot installed on 3 computers, deactivated one so I could add a new one, everything all good w/that one. Some time later I deactivated another old computer so I could add back the one I had previously removed; Webroot back and running on the most recently added machine. Unfortunately, the most recently added computer does not appear on the new console or the old console. Furthermore, the new console says I have 9 machines covered(?), all but 3 of these have been deactivated but can’t make heads or tales of what’s going on here. The old console shows only 2 machines: 1 old desktop and my new laptop; the old laptop I most recently added back does not appear even though Webroot is definitely working on it. It would be great if all three of my current machines showed up on the old console, it would be even better if I could make some kind of sense of what’s going on in the new console.

Hello @evermod22 

So which online console are you using old or new?

If you need help it would be best to start a support ticket to get help from them as we don’t have access to the backends but they do.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365 it’s the best way!

Call 1-866-612-4227  during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MST)

Also phone numbers from around the world: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Did all the switchery through the old console as that’s the one that makes the most sense to me. Everything was going well until the 3rd machine refused to show up, that’s when I decided to check the new console via the “my account” link within the Webroot app itself. My understanding was that both consoles should show all the machines one currently has running Webroot, is that not necessarily the case? Thanks much for the ticket link, I’ll try that. My first choice was to post here since the response time if pretty short.

Update, going here to try and submit a ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcomeback.asp  doesn’t seem to work for me, fill in my email and password then nothing happens.

Update, going here to try and submit a ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcomeback.asp  doesn’t seem to work for me, fill in my email and password then nothing happens.

If you never contacted support before you wouldn’t have a password, if you continue to have issues try with another email address and try again and if that doesn’t work call them on Monday.

Try this link: https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicetalk.asp?

Looks like a response with a functional password ended up in my spam folder, I just successfully submitted a ticket so I’m off and running.

Looks like a response with a functional password ended up in my spam folder, I just successfully submitted a ticket so I’m off and running.

Great to hear and let us know how things go! 😉

I wanted to follow-up here so anybody reading this knows how things turned out: my main problem did not get resolved but my secondary problem got addressed sort of by accident. During a remote session the tech was trying to sort out which computer names listed in the new console/portal aligned with those on the old console/portal. This brought to my attention something I had not even thought of: the new console utilizes the actual device name as it exist on the user end (settings/system/about on a Windows PC). One does have the ability to assign an alias to each machine on the new console but I would not recommend this since once you do so you cannot delete it, you can change it but there’s no option to remove it. This feature is kind of pointless really since you can easily change the device name on any computer you have direct access to from the machine itself. So, this new found ability to sort things out on the new console more or less rendered my need for things to work on the old console a non-issue.

In the end, nobody could explain why one recently added machine would appear on the old console w/o a problem while an old machine restored/returned after a brief removal period absolutely would not. Since the old console is apparently no longer functioning as it should (for whatever reason) it should really be done away with entirely and made inaccessible vs just being really difficult to find. By the way, the old console uses a naming convention where the user assigns a name/alias to each machine; this name has NO connection to the actual device name or an alias created on the new console unless the user intentionally makes an effort to line them up; in other words, one can easily have non-matching names for the same machine on new and old consoles like I did.

With the naming issue figured out the new console is reasonably usable for my purposes but it does continue to have some significant issues. For starters, EVERY machine that you ever had Webroot installed on appears on the console, you can see which Webroot version they were last running on and this helps if you need to sort out what’s current. If you don’t want to look at all your old installations you have the option to hide them. You know what would be great though? The ability to DELETE machines that are no longer in use or currently running Webroot; this was discussed and being a possible future mod. Lastly, among my machines listed within the new console is an old laptop said to be running the current version of Webroot and said to be currently “protected”; despite the fact that I deactivated this machine and uninstalled Webroot. This last issue was said to be a glitch and could possibly resolve itself after a while.

This whole experience has caused me to reconsider continuing with Webroot: if your developers cannot seem to design a solid management console it kind of makes me lose confidence in the app itself. What kind of design travesties could exist within the app that I’m completely unaware of? The user interface for the app seems well designed, very unlike the management console whose design seems to have been assigned to the “B” or even “C” team. I had been fairly content with Webroot up until this point, sadly I’m now shopping for alternatives.