pop ups

• 10 November 2014
  • 5 replies

how do I get rid of popups?just bought a laptop and popups everywhere

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Install a modern browser with a pop-up blocker. I'd recommend Chrome or Firefox and install adblock plus (its free) from the Chrome/Firefox plugin store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello heebs53,

Welcome to the Community!:D

May I also suggest a good block up popper for Chrome. Its light and does a good job too. For FF is Adblock Plus as Roy has suggested.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well I hate to disagree with my esteemed collages but I do recommend Adblock Edge for Firefox and Adguard AdBlocker for Chrome also for Internet Explorer there is AdBlock Plus in which works very well.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
@ The download for AdGuard for Chrome, once installed, suggests that one tries AdGuard for Windows.  Are you also using this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ The download for AdGuard for Chrome, once installed, suggests that one tries AdGuard for Windows.  Are you also using this?
No that's the full version program https://adguard.com/en/license.html and it works on more browsers and runs 2 processes. I just installed it even though it works on all my browsers and the 2 processes I'm not sure if I would keep it also there is a Paid version. And I had to disable it to add the picture. :@

Daniel