Solved

Upgrading from Security Plus to Complete

• 12 February 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
I'm sure this is asked all the time but I have about 59 days left on my original license for Plus.  I bought a new key code for the upgrade to Complete.  I'd like transfer my remaining time over to the upgraded key.  Should I contact support or is there an easy way to do it?  The new key was not purchased at Best Buy.  Thanks in advance....
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 12 February 2015, 03:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well since they are 2 Different Products and going from 3 devices to 5 devices and the added Back Up & Sync it's best to let it run out and then just install the new Keycode and it will self upgrade during a scan but make sure you save your passwords before like the old keycode runs out or change it to the new one. Do you have your online account setup? If not please do so then when the time comes put the new keycode in the account and install on up to 5 devices. If you have further questions feel free to ask!

Also going from Best Buy to non-Best Buy you will need to do a clean reinstall with the correct installer!

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Great ... thanks for the help Daniel... will do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just to let you know I updated my post so you will need to do a clean reinstall at that time with the correct installer!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
Appreciate that...in this case neither key was purchased at BB so I'm assuming no need to do a clean install.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Correct but if you ever need to do a clean reinstall use this Download: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe as Best Buy Subs use a different one!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉