Webroot seems to cause slowdowns and freezes with 'Google Chrome. Webroot turned off; things fine.

• 15 April 2016
  • 1 reply

Webroot is causing very, very function of Google Chrom and often freezes up.  I've reloaded Chrome and eliminated any Flash conflicts.  Internet functions flawlessly when Webroot Realtime Shield, Web Shield, and Firewall are turned off.  However, this would make Webroot useless to me.

Any thoughts on using Webroot and Chrome together?  Thanks, yokod

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi yokod

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There should be no issues using Chrome & WSA so in this circumstance I would recommend that you undertake an uninstall/clean reinstall to see if this resolves the issue for you (am assuming that you are a PC user but if not then post back for Mac-related instructions on the same).

Please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Give that a try and let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

Regards, Baldrick