Skip to main content
Hi!

Today I noticed slower performance than normal and connection issues. I checked my router and other devices and they were all connected fine. I then checked Webroot's active process list to see that many system files were suddenly in the "monitored" section. Why is this happening? Is it a repeat of April 2017?

It doesn't even fully allow task host. Also, just ran hitman pro and it says the system is clean 

Hi ALEEF02

Not sure what's going on with your system. I recommend that you submit a support ticket and let the experts at Webroot support take a look. If appropriate they can whitelist monitored files.;)

Cheers,
about 2 minutes before your reply, webroot self-ran a non-scheduled scan. After the scan, none of the files were monitored. I believe there was a problem server side similar to April of 2017 and was just fixed. Should I still submit a ticket? 

@ wrote:

about 2 minutes before your reply, webroot self-ran a non-scheduled scan. After the scan, none of the files were monitored. I believe there was a problem server side similar to April of 2017 and was just fixed. Should I still submit a ticket? 

If you continue to experience performance issues or suspect any other problems, I would. Sounds like just a temporary hiccup but it wouldn't hurt to get an expert opinion from them if you suspect that you're still having issues. Support is free with your subscription, too. 😉
I just checked my friend's computer (who lives 1000+ miles away) and his files have the same monitoring status. Although, as of 2 minutes ago, his haven't been fixed like mine
Uh, oh!. It's looking like I won't purchase after my trial is up. Still undecided though. I checked on mine and none of the system files are "monitored".