Solved

When does activation start with renewals from Best Buy?

• 26 November 2014
  • 5 replies

Hi,
I renewed my Webroot subscription online about a week and a half ago and today my current subscription expired. I've read that purchases through Best Buy take a day or so to be processed, but the money still hasn't been removed from my bank account and my Webroot says I'm expired. When will my account be renewed? Will it renew at midnight?

Thank you for your time and help.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 26 November 2014, 02:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello tabnormal, welcome to the Community!

How long has the software shown Expired?  Does it provide you an actual expiration date within the software?  Do you happen to know that actual original purchase date?

I am very much a expert on the Best Buy subscriptions and how their billing system works, but i do need just that little bit of information or as much of that as you can provide to give you a good answer.

Thanks!
The console still has a green checkmark and that my subscription is active, but when I log into my account, it says my keycode expired and it expires on November 25.

Do you mean the original date of purchase for Webroot in general? I got the supscription free from Best Buy when I had to get a new hard drive installed in my computer.

Or do you mean when I renewed my subscription? That was on November 12th, I believe.
Userlevel 7
Excellent.

You are probably quite fine.

With the expiration date being on November 25, that means today is actually the last day of the subscription.  Best Buy does not bill in "Real Time" when you enter your credit card data.  It will not bill you until the actual renewal due date.

Your credit card should be billed over night tonight and your software show renewed tomorrow morning by 7 AM (Usually).  

IF you credit card does NOT bill tonight, and your software is not updated tomorrow, please call 1800_GEEK-SQUAD and ask them what is going on.  ALSO, if you can, let me know as well.  I have noted an occasional issue with renewals that are done online as you did, but I am 99% sure you are NOT going to be affected by it.

One thing, I am sure you are worried about your protection with it showing expired now.  Dont be.  You have a 30 day grace period in which the software will still be fully functional even though it may show expired.  On the last day of the subscription like today, it is possible for it to show expired, though really it is not supposed to.  In the past when I worked with Geek Squad we saw this happen occasionally and it was fixed, though it does tend to show up again.  It is only a glitch and does not affect your protection.

I hope this helps!
Thank you so much for your quick help, I feel much better now.
Userlevel 7
You are MOST welcome!

Again, if my expectations of your WSA being renewed overnight do NOT happen, and the software is still expired tomorrow morning, please let Best Buy know but also reply here so I can add it to a possible bug report of my own :)

Any tme you have a problem or question, please feel free to drop in and ask us.  We are always quite happy to help when we can!