GSM Issue

• 26 October 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +15
I'm posting to make a complaint about the extremely brief idle timeout for a GSM session. I'm all about security, and I appreciate the two factor login process for the GSM. However once logged in, I have the GSM maximized on a 40" display on one wall of my office, and I want to have available at a glance, throughout the day, any malware activity that needs attention. Or if a client calls in with possible malware activity, I need to be able quickly asses the status of their machine and access agent functions.

Instead what I get is the login screen and requirement to re-login, choose my console (mobile or GSM), and wait for the GSM to appear (which is not the quickest web portal I use by any means) to get to that information. And if 5 minutes passes, I have to do it all again.

Once in the morning is enough. Once I'm logged in I need that session to stay active ALL DAY LONG. I am tired of logging in 20 times a day, or just not having that information. 

I'm a big fan of Webroot. It works and is effeicient. But this GSM idle timeout is NOT EFFICIENT for the way I work. It's enough of an issue right now that I'll move my clients to another soluton that takes into consideration not only adequate security but the needs of the way I work and the need to have reasonable access to a session that I securely logged into.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Hi!

I can imagine this can get very frustrating!

However, the timeout period for the SecureAnywhere console is set at 4 hours - therefore if you're having to repeatedly login every 20 minutes, it would suggest there must be something else affecting this...

A couple of questions:

Are you logging into your account on another machine at the same time (as we only allow one concurrent logged-on session per account)?

Or could the IP address which you're using to connect from, be changing during the session (which again, can lead to the session being terminated)?

If you continue to encounter issues, I'd probably recommend opening a support ticket to see if we can spot anything triggering this.

Thanks!