New enterprise client 8.0.4.24 does not apply policy settings

• 8 November 2013
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi,

Has anyone noticed such a issues so far?

We just saw one of our endpoints updated to the new Endpoint Protection client v8.0.4.24.

So far we experience 2 issues now:
1. any setting of the WSA client can be modified manually, however, this should not be so
2. the WSA client does not apply policy settings
at least we did some tests with:
- System Cleaner settings
- Firewall settings
- Core Systems Shield settings
and none of the policy settings were applied on the client.

After each change in the policy we clicked "Update configuration" on the client popup menu and that showed the ususal message that configuration was updated successfully.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I noticed the firewall notice appear on once of my test systems with .24. I haven't gotten any other complaints though. There are a few systems here and there without it on.

Maybe they haven't merged in the business dev team's code into the current versions or something. This is worrying. :8
Userlevel 4
Hi Gyozo and Explanoit,

I am not able to replicate your experiences above, with .24 or .27.

Are you still experiencing them? If so, please let me know so we can track down answers for you.

Thank you very much!!

-Keith
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@ This only happened on a PCs that were deactivated and not under policy management it turned out.
Userlevel 2
Badge
In our system, this happens on a PC that has always been active and under management.

I also reported the issue to Webroot support, of course, and they ask me to reinstall the client compltetly from scratch (uninstall + delete WRData folder + ).

My only concern is that if it happened on our own PC, it may also happen on endusers' PCs but actually one would never notice it unless sitting down at the PC and playing with settings. So we can say, this can be a hidden bug in some circumstances but rather than getting more deep into it with some debugging, they ask me to reinstall. Surely, this may solve this on my 1 PC but we may never notice if the same bug hits many other PCs out there.

Any idea?
Would anybody like to debug our PC?
Userlevel 4
Hi Gyozo,

Is this still occurring with the .27 release?

Thank you,

-Keith
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hello Keith,

Yes, the client already updated itself in the meanwhile to .27 release (and I already reported that fact to Webroot Enterprise support, too). So far, I did some more tests and still experience that settings are not applied on the client.

Actually, I tried to first move the client to Unmanaged group and then back but this did not change a thing.
There was somthing also strange while in the Unmanaged group but I did not put it down so I forgot it.

Thanks a lot.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Actually, the situation is even worse because not only the policy settings are not applied but neither the new overrides you create online that can cause even bigger trouble...
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi Gyozo,

It sounds like this will be best handled through the support team. Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!