Problem: Missing "wrPhreshPhish.dll"

• 22 July 2014
  • 6 replies

I"ve seen your other responses. I want to know how to fix this / add the file back so I stop getting the message. Or ... is there an update? Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry about that - have you tried an uninstall and fresh re-install yet?
I too am having this problem and it's frustrating/difficult to uninstall/reinstall.  What exactly should we reinstall, the whole WebRoot?  What caused this, a bad automatic software update?  Can you roll out a new update?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I too am having this problem and it's frustrating/difficult to uninstall/reinstall.  What exactly should we reinstall, the whole WebRoot?  What caused this, a bad automatic software update?  Can you roll out a new update?
Hello jfritz42, welcome to the Webroot Business Community!

Thank you for your feedback, 

Sorry you are experiencing this as well.

wrPhreshPhish.dll is part of the Web Filtering Extension as explained by MikeR  in this post

I do not know what the status is, but I will send a message to MikeR and ask.

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I"ve seen your other responses. I want to know how to fix this / add the file back so I stop getting the message. Or ... is there an update? Thanks.

@ wrote:
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Just to make sure are you using the Business Endpoint version or the Consumer version? The reason is there is no Web Shield in the Business version so you would not get this message and at this time they are working on it to get the Web Filter in the Business version so that tells me it's a Consumer version which has the Web Filter and it's best to do a clean reinstall with a reboot in between and I can give you instructions once I find out with your replies to be sure which version you are running!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
I too am experiencing this problem on my consumer version.  I went away on vacation for 3 weeks and came back to this error after a Windows update ran overnight.  I am running Windows 7 Pro on a VAIO i5 CPU with 4GB Mem.  Is a fix possible instead of a uninstall/reinstall?  If that's what it takes I, like many of your users will not do it because the root problem isn't fixed and the problem may happen again...  You know, the endless loop thingy everyone despises.  So how sending a real fix to your user community?

Thanks,
Kent
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

@   Do you know how to get here as it is a hidden area? C:ProgramDataWRDataPKG and look to see if wrPhreshPhish.dll is listed in there? If you like send me a PM with your email address and I can send you that dll and all you have to do is put in that location C:ProgramDataWRDataPKGwrPhreshPhish.dll

Or you can do a clean reinstall and it only takes a few minutes?

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

EDIT: I uploaded the file here just save to your PC and UNZIP and put the file in this location C:ProgramDataWRDataPKGwrPhreshPhish.dll

And please let us know if that fixes it for you!