Skip to main content

I have webroot running on macos 10.14.6. The "W" is in the green circle in the tray but I cannot open the app to inspect version number, etc. I have tried double clicking, right clicking etc but no joy.

Hello @McMichael Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

There should be a Green "W" in the Menu Bar. Please click on that Green "W" icon and you will see a drop down. Click "Open SecureAnywhere". The Webroot GUI should open on your computer screen.

Here is a the latest User Guide for WSA for Mac:

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_mac_userguide/wsa_mac_userguide.htm#ScanningForMalware/RunningScans.htm%3FTocPath%3DScanning%2520For%2520Malware%7C_____1

HTH,

Dave.
Many thanks ProTruckDriver and your tip has led me to another discovery. Webroot is not on the menu bar. I got rid of a whole lot of other app widgets to make sure I could see everything on the bar but still no Webroot. Putting a widget there is normally done in the app Preferences but I can't open the app to get at the preferences. Webroot is listed in Activity Monitor and I used Force Quit to see if I could start the app manually through Finder and get at Preferences but it restarted automatically within a couple of seconds. I have the icon in my tray. When I "two finger" click it it shows "Options", "Show recents" and "Open". Options has three choices: Remove from Dock, Open at Login and Show in Finder. Show Recents displays "No available Windows" and Open doesn't do anything.
I was going suggest a Uninstall / Reinstall of Webroot on your Mac. But since you can't shut down Webroot and it keeps restarting that rules out the uninstall / reinstall because Webroot needs to be shut down for that. I would suggest getting in contact with Webroot Support. When you send a Support Ticket in a Webroot Log will automatically be sent to Support. Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.
Many thanks Dave and will do. I'm in quite a Catch 22.