OSX.Adload showing up now after having been scanned before, false positive ?

• 17 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
Just trying to see how I should proceed here.

I put in Turbo Tax Disc and the system started scanning, and it scanned application folder and found an OSX.Adload in Xcode sample for the AppleTv section -requires show contents twice to get to it-.  Xcode has been installed for a while now and not s ure when the last update with Webroot / definitions.  But I s uspect its a false postive but might not be.  I tried to s ubmit the file but its the entire XCode app as the s ubmit file under safari doesn't let you show contents to dig inside.   

it was located in
"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/Library/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/tvOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SiriTTS.framework/SiriTTS" 

It appears to be prebuilt.  I am not s ure if I drag that file out if webroot will let me, I could turn it off and s ubmit if that is the best course of action.  

Oddly enought I tried to s ubmit this but had to go back and put a space between any s and u because the message board said that those two letter together are not permitted teven though they are never alone.  It wont let me put in open paranth

2 replies

Badge +3
The TurboTax was the trigger that started a scan I guess, but I hope someone from webroot comments on this.
This reply has nothing to do with TurboTax but our organization is now getting hit with the same error for Xcode. We are also getting one in:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SiriTTS.framework/Versions/A/SiriTTS

Definitely seems like someone messed up the definitions file. Hopefully, there is a fix for this soon.