Solved

A thanks for the help,and a question or 2

• 18 October 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Thanks to all that answered in this thread

https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Newbie-Betting-a-simple-answer-to-my-question-But-will-help-me/td-p/132111

Your posts not only answered my questions, but some put me on paths to learn more .

I will say,so far,Impressed with WEBROOT.
As never heard of it before I bought this laptop...Relunctant to trust.

But seems to work better than any previous used anti-virus programs!

After a few months of use,trusted it enough to recommend to a co-worker over a month ago....
Twice so far,thanked me....Said after usiing it...his PC is working better!

I have 2 questions.        One easy....one harder.

When open webroot, see
SUBSCRIPTION 153 days....
Is that how many days used or how many left?
That's the easy question.      ;)

I am one of those dinasours that still doesn't use his home pc to pay bills, or make purchases.
If webroot keeps my laptop clean for 1-2 more years,might pay for stuff online.

BUT FOR NOW,I got 1 year of WEBROOT.in CD/dvd form..paid at BEST BUY.
As betting will want to stick with WEBROOT,...

Will I be able to keep my account/settings...If buy another disc from BEST BUY?

Either way, If WEBROOT keeps working the way it has so far...
I will find a way to keep it.

I have lurked this site, learned the basics,and a little more.
KUDOS to you all,for being so friendly and helpful.  :D

icon

Best answer by Baldrick 18 October 2014, 14:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Tracer

Glad to see that your faith in WSA has been confirmed...and that yo are a happy punter.  I do not think that you will look back further to going with WSA.

To answer your questions:

When open webroot, see
SUBSCRIPTION 153 days....
Is that how many days used or how many left?

How many day LEFT before expiry, and you will be warned/advised of expiry from 30 days left.

I am one of those dinasours that still doesn't use his home pc to pay bills, or make purchases.
If webroot keeps my laptop clean for 1-2 more years,might pay for stuff online.

BUT FOR NOW,I got 1 year of WEBROOT.in CD/dvd form..paid at BEST BUY.
As betting will want to stick with WEBROOT,...

Will I be able to keep my account/settings...If buy another disc from BEST BUY?

If you buy another disc from Best Buy it will come with another keycode and so any data you may have in the Cloud, i.e., password related, would not transfer automatically...you would need to get that done by Support.  With a Webroot purchase, i.e., NOT Best Buy one can get a new keycode's time added to an existing keycode and so continuing using the current one...again, requires Support's assisatnce but not difficult to organise via a Support Ticket.

But remember that in terms of settings you can export settings from WSA and then reimport them.  You need to click on Advanced Settings, and then on the Export/Import tab on the left of the panel displayed.  From their you have options to export & save to a destination of your choice and to import the saved .dat fiel as and when you want.  I always keep a regular back up just in case...but having said that I run with mainly the default settings and the tweaks that I have applied are very quick to remember and reapply.

Apologies for the lengthy reply.  I hope that therein I have managed to answer what you asked...if not then please ask further.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello @ , and great to hear how you've been enjoying your use of, and learning about our beloved WSA :D

Yes, Baldrick, @ , @  and others will be able to answer any questions, and give valuable guidance necessary......but will never answer your one question: "How do I get WEBROOT to give me the WINNING LOTTO NUMBERS????"......but maybe one day...LOL!