Solved

Do I have a virus!?

• 6 October 2018
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
Okay, I'm VERY scared right now.

I have Webroot installed, and I've been scanning over and over again and it keeps coming up clean, but I'm horrified right now. I was playing Town of Salem (A video game that I purchased through steam) when in the background I heard a slowed-down text to speech voice tell me that it was a "Windows Security Alert" and that I had viruses. Now, I'm not gullible enough to believe that, I'm scared because I'm pretty sure the Windows Security Alert itself is a virus. I have ad blocker so it wasn't an ad, and as many applications as I could but even when I closed chrome the voice didnt stop until its message was done. Is there ANY way I can figure out if I'm actually in the clear, or do I just have to trust the antivirus?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 7 October 2018, 00:45

View original

2 replies

Hello Nullcoss,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The best thing to do in this case would be to open a support ticket.  Online support is available 24/7.

Let Webroot check things out for you, just to be sure. This is a free service that comes with your subscription.

Hope this info helps,
I'm scared too because I downloaded a file that Webroot said was dangerous, but I ran it anyway because a TON of people were saying it was a false positive. I scanned again and let webroot delete the file but once again, I'm still really scared.