Solved

Features Not Working

• 26 June 2014
  • 7 replies

I've noticed lately that the following features do not work as they should:
1) Right click on a file or directory and select "Scan with Webroot" does nothing....
2) Right click on a file or directory and select "Permanently Erase with Webroot" does nothing...

Both features worked fine a week or so ago, but now refuse to do anything. What's wrong?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 30 June 2014, 14:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello FCIN, welcome to the Webroot Community!

Those functions are working just fine for me.... is it possible your settings have somehow been disturbed or changed?

• Open WSA
  • Click on the Advanced Settings button in the upper right corner
  • Click on Scan Settings on the left side
  • Check to see if the box next to "Enable right-click scanning in Windows Exporer is checked.  If it is not.... here is part of the problem.  Check it. 
  • Click Secure Erase on the left side
  • Chec k to see if the box next to "Enable Windows Explorer right click Secure Erase is checked.  If it is not, here is the othe part of the problem.  Check it.
  • Save Settings.

If both settings are already checked... .UNCHECK them, save settings and reboot.  Then go back into Advanced Settings and REcheck them, save settings.

I hope this helps... let us know!
Thanks! Your suggestion seems to have worked just fine. Although both boxes: "Enable right-click scanning in Windows Exporer" and "Enable Windows Explorer right click Secure Erase" were checked; unchecking them, saving the settings, rebooting and then turning them back on and again saving the settings; seems to have everything working fine now. Not sure why these functions would have stopped working on their own, but at least I know a cure if it happens again.
Userlevel 7
Excellent!  Iam glad that is fixed, and thank you for letting us know!

I have no explanation either....I am not sure I have seen that happen before, but now I also know what to do if we see it again :-) 
Sorry to report that I'm still having issues with the "right click" features! I don't leave my computer running all the time, so whenever I shut it down and then later restart it - these features no longer work and I have to go through the process you described again in order to get them to function.

Operating system is Windows 8.1. Not sure what is happening here. Rather aggrivating to say the least.
Userlevel 7
Good morning!

Ok, it sounds like it is just plain failing to correctly save the options.  That can happen once in a while, and I think it can be repaired.  Try to do a "clean install" of WSA and see if that might help.  If not, then you may want to submit a Trouble Ticket.

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for all of the following steps
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • Check to see if the right click options are now able to work, both before AND after a reboot.

Let me know if it helps, and again, if not, please submit a Trouble Ticket so that Webroot Support can take a look!
Did a clean install and everything seems to be working just fine now.
Userlevel 7
Glad to hear it is back to working correctly, thank you for the follow-up to let us know!