Skip to main content
For the last 10 days or so unsolicited web pages have opened on their own in a new Chrome tab while simultaneously,Webroot pops up with a  warning against that particular website reported as being unsafe,  i.e. sweetpacks/go2cloud or helpmetop.info.  It can happen while I'm simply reading an email, not clicking anything.  Running a Webroot scan detects no threats.  I have not downloaded any suspicious shareware or the like.  Any suggestions?
I have heard from support.  I apparently deleted their first response in all the commotion. 
Hi bleachers,

That's good news!

Thanks for letting us know! :)

Kind Regards,
Yeah I just checked the ticket and it looks like they sent you a request for logs.  Let me know if you have any trouble using the system and I can help get your response entered.
I've waited several days to respond after the last session with the tech, just to be sure of the result.  Another popup did happen after that session.  As I had reset Chrome, uninstalled and re-installed it (several times) I thought of something I had not tried.  I removed my Chrome profile and created a new one.  I did that on Tuesday and I haven't had a single unwanted popup since.  Problem appears to be solved.  I notified support.
Hi bleachers

That is really interesting, and good to know...many thanks for sharing.

Regards, Baldrick