I am trying to install Webroot which is already in my laptop but i cant, who knows why? please

• 31 March 2016
  • 3 replies

I alreday have webroot in my laptop but its expired, I went to BEST BUY and bought a new cd however I could not install the new webroot since it is in laptop, how i can update the old one with new cd webroot??
thanks for any answer

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi alineamah

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What is very important to know before we can offer advice is whether you bought the Webroot standard version or the Best Buy version of the product.

As far as I know you can verify this easily by looking at the back of the packaging.  If there is a Best Buy Serial Number in the lower left corner, it is a Best Buy version.  Also, if on the front of the packaging it says anything about Install Immediately, Activated at Register, or something like that it will be a Best Buy Sub.

Please post back to advise as to which version you believe that you have bought.

Regards, Baldrick
thanks for replying its webroot version and I found a product keycode and I typed in the old webroot account in my laptop and i pressed active. and I confirm that through an email. I think I am all set. However, I still have a question/ I am allowed to install it in three devices for two years, how can I install it in my friend device, Does he have to create his own account or use my account? does he need to have the cd or just product keycode? what are the steps we have to follow in order to install the webroot in the second and third devices?? so far it has been installed in one device which is mine.
Userlevel 7
No worries.

Let's take the easy part of the questions, i.e., what steps to install on a 2nd and 3rd device...just follows the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine, whether the 2nd or the 3rd system...itis the same process!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
and that should do the job.

The above should also answer the question about the the need for the CD or just the keycode. ;)

So if I understand correctly you want for you and your friend, under the same WSA license, to separate accounts? Right, well if that is the case then you will most likely want to have main Console access and control the whole thing, but you can also provide a separate account to your friend.  To do that:

1. Log into your Account Console
  2. At the upper right, click your email address
  3. Select 'Manage Users'
  4. Check how many user profiles you have already set up here.
I presume that it will currently just be one. With a muilti device/user license, you can have up to the same number of user profiles on that same key code.

If you have only one user profile set up, click the 'Create New Users' button.  Each user profile is, just like yours, a specific email address.  Create an additional user for your friend.

For their new user profile, once created, go to 'Permissions'.  There you can allow them Console access, or block them from it.

Well, I hope that answers the question/makes sense?  Please do not hesitate to come back here and let us know how you get on or if you have further questions. For more information on this topic please see this page of the online help.

Regards, Baldrick