Just bought computer

Hi, I just bought my computer from best buy like 5 days ago and I underesimated all the crap on the internet. The first day within ten minutes of turning the computer on I was getting all types of crazy pop ups and wierd things... So I waited about two days for some unknown reason and instaleld the webroot that comes with the comptuer from best buy and it found like 40 threats..And its up to like 100 something now over the 5 days of owning it..I dont understand why I dont go to any sites that would harm my computer. All I do is play League of Legends and use skype or pandora...MOst of the time its the PUA things popping up and stuff like that.. PUA.browsebeyond or something liek that...If I could get some hep and understanding of whats going on and if being attacked like this is normal.. Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
In this case it's honestly best to call Webroot support. They'll actually take a look/walk you through what to do on the phone. Honestly, it's going to be a lot faster and easier than back-and-forth on the forum in this case.
Userlevel 7
Since the Webroot came with a computer purchase at best Buy, there is a pretty good chance that Texh Support was purchased as well.  You might want to call 1800-GEEK SQUAD for assistance as well.