Solved

minecraft

• 11 June 2014
  • 1 reply

I am currently trying to download minecraft.net,but when I double click to open the game all I get is a fatal error:
net.minecraft.bootstrap.FatalBootstrapError: Unable to un-lzma: java.io.FileNotFoundException: AppDataRoaming.minecraftlauncher.pack (Access is denied)
at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.unpack(Bootstrap.java:146)
at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.execute(Bootstrap.java:123)
at net.minecraft.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:381)
I have been told several times that it could be the firewall or anti-virus that is blocking it,if it hw do I unblock this so I may play this game.
Thank you

Eder
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 11 June 2014, 21:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Eder

Welcome to the Community Forums.

It could well be WSA that has blocked this, but it really depends on what you mean by "blocked."

1. It could have been quarantined.  To check go to PC Security > Quarantine > View Quarantine and choose Restore on the file you want to restore.

2. It could have been blocked in Control Active Processes.  To check go to System Tools > System Control > Control Active Processes > Start and set the program to Allow

3. It could have been blocked by the Identity Shield.  But I doubt that...still to check to Identity & Privacy > Identity Shield > Protected Applications > View/Edit Protected Applications > and set it to Protect or Allow as you see fit.

If you need info on what the differences are between these then please review this KB Article.

If you find that nothing that relates to the game in any of these locations is being blocked then come back here and let us know what you have found, and we will see if we can come up with something else to help.

Regards

Baldrick