Solved

New here, need answer to online download question before I purchase please.

• 5 October 2012
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
I do not need the back up cd for an extra $9. I can make my own? Also it kind of makes it sound like you only get to download the product you purchase once? I can download the product as many times as I need to once I have purchased it can't I? I am looking forward to purchasing webroot secure complete 2013 as soon as I get answers to these questions. Thanks! Matt
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 5 October 2012, 05:29

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
It's a waste of 9 dollars.As long as you have your product key handy,you can download and install as many times as you like.There is a finite number of activations i believe though.If you run into that problem,you can just contact support and they will reset your activations.Save your email from when you purchased the product,and anytime you need to redownload the product,just click on the link in the email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Ambush and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

superssjdan is correct and after the purchase you can setup your My Webroot Account which also has a download link!  ;)

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
There is a finite number of activations i believe though.
 I have always wondered about this question. Is there a limit in downloading and installing WSA ? I know when I was running Spy Sweeper the download and installing amount was limited.

Hello Ambush, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
There is a finite number of activations i believe though.
 I have always wondered about this question. Is there a limit in downloading and installing WSA ? I know when I was running Spy Sweeper the download and installing amount was limited.

Hello Ambush, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
Yes you can download and install and reinstall as many times on the same computer without issues the problem comes for users that like to reinstall the OS many times a year then you would have to contact support and they will be happy to reset the license! ;)

TH

Userlevel 1
Thanks for the replies, and ya I never really heard of only getting one download before when ordering software on the web, but the whole backup cd thing they offer kind of makes it sound that way. Well my subscription to the $40 version expires in like 23 days, but I want to experience the Secure Anywhere Complete package and link it to my tablet and phone also, so I am going to order it now. 
Userlevel 1
Oh one more thing, I have used webroot for quite awhile now, ever since I realized (years ago) norton is garbage, and uses like 23% of system resources when you let it run itself. What a piece of junk. Anyways, I have loved and recommended webroot for years now, it leaves such a small unatrusive foot print on the system, and I have never ever had anything harm my pc while webroot was installed on it, that is good enough for me. This software is by far the lightest and fastest I have ever used. I really appreciate that thanks!
Userlevel 7
Thank you Ambush for the kind words! :D

Thank you for recommending Webroot as well. Let us know know if you need any help or have additional questions.

You can download the product repeatedly as long as it is being properly uninstalled from the other PCs or operating systems.