New to forum Scan stops and icon disappears

• 22 January 2014
  • 5 replies

I have webroot secure anywhere. I got a message about a possible threat and decided to run a scan. At about the 36% mark the scan stops and the webroot icon at the bottom of the screen disappears. What should I do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello biggrass and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

How long did you have WSA installed and where did you purchase it from?

Thanks,

TH
Purchased at Best Buy approx. 2 years ago came with new computer purchase
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Purchased at Best Buy approx. 2 years ago came with new computer purchase
So it's a Best Buy Subscription Service from Geek Squad? And if it is you must contact them and here on this page the phone number is at the bottom! http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
Have you tried to simply re-install it and see if that helps?  If you want to try that.. use the Best Buy link TH provided for the correct download.
Userlevel 3
I was having similar issues and a reinstall, with restarts between uninstall and reinstall, seemed to work but it started having issues again..... But I did just find out I have really bad ram so I can't say if that was my issue the whole time or not, so if you have vista, windows 7, or 8, try finding the memory testing utility, just search for it by hitting start button on vista/7 and search charm in windows 8 and type in memory, and wait till you see the program to show, after it shows click it and it will restart your computer and test it, if you have over 8gb it will work best if you set it to run over the basic two pass to check for issues.