Skip to main content
Hi Everyone,

My Secure Anywhere was working just fine untill I upgraded to Windows 8; now, when I enter the product key code, it says to enter in a valid key code. It's the same one I used to first intall it 6 months ago and it's the same laptop. Any clues to what's happening? Thanks.
Hello Osiris and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Did you try a clean reinstall? Uninstall reboot and download a fresh Copy or if your using the Best Buy version then install and be sure you have a copy of your keycode before doing so. If that doesn't work you can Submit a Support Ticket as it's still the Holidays and I'm not sure if https:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1016 will be online today as usual you can check later around 1:00PM EST if you don't get any reply things should be back to normal on Wednesday.

HTH,

TH
Hello Osiris, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Please Send me a Private Message with the keycode you are trying to use and any other email addresses that are associated with your account so that I can investigate further.
Hi Mike; private msg sent 😉
Hi TripleHelix,

Clean reinstall done, but it still says "enter valid product key code". It was purchased at Best Buy and the code is located inside the box; right next to me. I just don't understand. I msg Mike, so he will lool into it further. Thanks for the response man. 
Thanks for the PM Osiris.

The keycode you gave me was activated on 02/13/12. Best Buy subscriptions are activated upon purchase and this one will expire on 02/13/13. This keycode should still be valid until this expiration date and you will need to contact Best Buy Assurance for information about subscriptions purchased through them.

Best Buy Assurance: 866-861-4379

If you are interested, we have excellent Holiday Deals and a SecureAnywhere Antivirus subscription is only $9.99. I might be able to make up for the days lost as well. :D

I recommend going this route, but let me know what you would like to do.
Thanks Mike for the quick response. I will go with the recommended route you suggested; the $9.99. Just let me know what I have to do regarding the lost days scenario. I'll look into it now 😉
Just got it. Now, I'm protected. Thanks again.
No problem at all. Just Send me a Private Message with your new keycode and I can help you out. ;)

Happy Holidays!