Solved

Recommendations for Spam blocking software

• 21 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Does anyone have any recommendations for automated e-mail spam blocking software?  I've read good things about SpamBully (love the name).

I am using Windows 10 and Outlook 2013 32-bit.  I started getting loads of spam after I applied on-line for a rebate, and it looks like the retailer sold my e-mail address to every spammer on the planet.  I tried unsubscribing, and using my web-mail server and Outlook's junk mail options to block domains, but it's getting tiresome to have to deal with 5-10 spam e-mails daily from weight loss, cruise lines, high-blood pressure, etc spams 
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 21 June 2018, 19:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for automated e-mail spam blocking software?  I've read good things about SpamBully (love the name).

I am using Windows 10 and Outlook 2013 32-bit.  I started getting loads of spam after I applied on-line for a rebate, and it looks like the retailer sold my e-mail address to every spammer on the planet.  I tried unsubscribing, and using my web-mail server and Outlook's junk mail options to block domains, but it's getting tiresome to have to deal with 5-10 spam e-mails daily from weight loss, cruise lines, high-blood pressure, etc spams 
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

The only thing I can suggest is to report (forward) the spam to your Internet service provider. I can give you other suggestions if you tell me what Country you live in? In case you live in the US: https://www.google.com/search?q=Report+spam+in+USA&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b
and here: https://www.bing.com/search?q=report+spam+in+the+us&form=EDGHPT&qs=PF&cvid=7f4ba7ac95964b2481c50abd2b7009b4&cc=CA&setlang=en-US

Thanks,
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the suggestion.  I do report the spam to my ISP and also use my ISP's spam tools to block the orginating domain, but it has not reduced the volume. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.  I do report the spam to my ISP and also use my ISP's spam tools to block the orginating domain, but it has not reduced the volume. 
There's not much you can do but report them and the things you have been doing! Just be careful not to do what you did to get all that spam in the first place. Spam is a hard one to deal with and to get it to stop completely. :@

Sorry,