Trouble w/ Access

• 18 April 2014
  • 3 replies

Having trouble accessing some web pages after switching from Kasp to WR. Any suggestions?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Nitwit100

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Would you be able to elaborate as to excatly what you mean by "...Having trouble accessing some web pages ...".  We need a little more information on this.

Cheers

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi Nitwitt

I am going to take a guess that these websites are sites that you have no issue with when using Kaspersky but now you are getting the Web Threat Shield coming up.  This suggests that yo are are victim of False Positive (FP) detection, especially if you have accessed the site before without issue.

Well, at this point you have a couple of choices (i) you can unblock the page and proceed, which should whitelist the page for you on the client, and/or you can submit a URL Reputation Change Request for each site to Webroot so that they can review the sites reported and adjust the database, etc.

I hope that helps?

Please let us know how you get on re. this and if you require further assistance.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hi Nitwitt100 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Some errors might occur when deleting Kaspersky Lab products via Start > Control Panel > AddRemove Programs (Add/Remove Programs). As a result the application may not uninstall correctly or remnants of the application may remain in the system. In order to fully remove the installed Kaspersky Lab product, use the kavremover utility

How to Fully Uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus or Kaspersky Internet Security

Note: To remove Kaspersky Anti-Virus / Internet Security 2014 is recommended to use safe mode.

Download and run the file kavremvr.exe;
• Type in the security code that is shown in the window;
• If the installed antivirus software was not automatically detected, select it from the list;
• Click the "Delete";
• Wait for the dialog box to the successful removal of the product;
• Click the OK button;
• Restart the computer.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/service.aspx?el=1464#block1

Thank you
Petr.