Solved

Upgrade from trial version

• 18 May 2014
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
What's the proper way to upgrade from a trial version?  I see that there is a page to enter/activate a new key but I've also read an old thread where a user uninstalled and installled and had a problem with the trial version staying installed.  In one answer for that user, it was stated that uninstalling wasn't needed just install.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 18 May 2014, 16:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You just buy the version you want and enter the keycode and it will do a scan then you will be all set! The keycode determines the features that you paid for and turns them on!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
As you noted, there have been times when simply entering the key code didn't work, but really that is rather rare.  If you experience that let us know but 99.9% of the time there is no problem.
Userlevel 4
Thanks for the replies!  Wanted to take advantage of the current discount as Webroot seems to be a better product than I've been or have used in the past.  This forum has the fastest responses to questions that I've ever seen too.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks for the replies!  Wanted to take advantage of the current discount as Webroot seems to be a better product than I've been or have used in the past.  This forum has the fastest responses to questions that I've ever seen too.
You are most welcome, we do try to reply as quickly as possible.  There are some times that it can take a few hours, but we have enough volunteers thst usually a reply is given pretty quicky  :)
Userlevel 7
@DavidP1970 wrote:
@ wrote:
You are most welcome, we do try to reply as quickly as possible.  There are some times that it can take a few hours, but we have enough volunteers thst usually a reply is given pretty quicky  :)
Indeedy doody, David...;)
Userlevel 4
I purchased WRSA, plugged the keycode in, activated it, it did a scan and all when well.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for verifying things worked according to design!  I admit I prematurely marked TH's reply as the solution, but I assumed you would let us know if it failed.  :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I purchased WRSA, plugged the keycode in, activated it, it did a scan and all when well.
Great to hear we are always here if you have any questions or issues or just want to chat!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉