Skip to main content

I lost most of my web threat icons in Chrome a few days ago too … I have uninstalled and re-installed the extension. 

The weird thing is, the icons “sometimes” appear … but most of the time they are just the animated loading icon. 

I can even do exactly the same search and one tab they are showing and the other tab they are loading .. no matter how many times I reload (soft and hard).  

Chrome updated earlier today (85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and for a while all icons were fine. But now it’s back to how it was yesterday. 

They work fine in Firefox all the time. 

Here is a screenshot of two simultaneous and identical Google searches in Chrome

I lost most of my web threat icons in Chrome a few days ago too … I have uninstalled and re-installed the extension. 

The weird thing is, the icons “sometimes” appear … but most of the time they are just the animated loading icon. 

I can even do exactly the same search and one tab they are showing and the other tab they are loading .. no matter how many times I reload (soft and hard).  

Chrome updated earlier today (85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and for a while all icons were fine. But now it’s back to how it was yesterday. 

Hello @Upland 

Can you remove or delete the extension in Chrome then go here and install it again? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd

We will see how it goes!

Hi,

I tried as you suggested - removed the extension then added it again from the link.  It was fine for a few hours - all web threat icons were displayed correctly - but now it’s the same as before, most search pages have the loading icon. There are 1 or 2 search pages that show the correct icons but I cannot find a pattern to it. 

As I showed in the screenshot previously,  Two identical searches can be seen with one displaying the icons and the other displaying the loading animation. 

This is something I have not seen in the year I have been using Webroot - only started in the last two weeks. 

Thanks @Upland for the update.

Lets try a clean reinstall of WSA!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Thank you so much for the reply ….

I followed the directions and everything is ok after the restart.  I will monitor it over the next 48 hours and report back. 

Thanks again

All was well for 24 hours or so … every Google search I did in Chrome had all the web shield icons as it should.  But now all my searches are back to the circular “loading” animation which never load.

Unfortunately, I have another issue now - which I will create a new topic for.  It’s to do with Webroot crashing Golang compilation/running.  It seems to be getting discussed in other forums.

Hello @Upland 

At this time it would be best if you Submitted a Support Ticket and have them look into your issues.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

Thank you - will do...