Solved

Webroot is causing Visual Studio 2022 Maui build to fail?

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Windows 11, Visual Studio 2022, Create .Net Maui project, build  and run successfully.  Change something, build again, and get error,  something about a mapped file open (cannot access).  Disable  WebRoot, can then build successfully.  When you build the project and select windows as the platform, the project is actually installed as an app on your system, and I think that this is the problem, in that when changing and rebuilding the project, Webroot detects that the file is somehow in use and won’t allow you to do this?  I looked in Webroot, and did not see any of the project files listed under blocked.  So, it appears that when I do Maui development on Windows 11, I will have to turn Webroot off.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 22 April 2024, 18:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @louwho 

The best way to solve this problem is getting in contact with Webroot Support.

Support: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

Business Support: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@louwho 

It’s likely the agent is seeing something new or “unknown” to the agent and therefor is beginning to “monitor/journal” the changes/behaviors of the system until it can make a clear good/bad verdit. When this happens during monitoring, programs may behave unexpectedly and the agent can step in to prevent system changes as a security measure. 

One way to check is to go to the GUI locally, then click the gear cog next to Utilities, Then click the System Control tab, then click the start button under Control Active Processes. Anything listed as Allow/Monitor/Block will be listed. 

If your program is acting up during compiling etc then watch for anything showing up under Monitor or Block. If so, then it will need to be whitelisted. 

Contacting support as was mentioned to you and they’ll be able to assist with resolving this.

Regards
John H