Skip to main content

Program has been unable to open to scan and crashes, when I try to uninstall it says it requires admin permission and I am the admin on my home computer.

I created another user with admin rights no luck. I also removed the WRdata folder still unable to uninstall/

Appreciate the help please

Hello @Squidtto 

Try to Uninstall in Safe Mode with Networking! Or go into Safe Mode without networking and delete the said folders.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Hi thanks for the suggestion I deleted the folder however the WRSA application refused to be removed and I am unable to reinstall the application .

Hi thanks for the suggestion I deleted the folder however the WRSA application refused to be removed and I am unable to reinstall the application .

Try in Safe Mode to delete.

I did try in safe mode it refused to be deleted.

Okay then it’s best to contact Webroot Support as they have other tools that we don’t have access to and they will be able to remove and reinstall.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Thanks,

Thank you appreciate the help