Solved

Website blocking not working together with Defensewall

• 21 June 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
When Internet Explorer is protected by SoftSphere Defensewall, the website blocking does not work.
When IE is started as Trusted(not protected), WSA blocks cyberghostvpn.com.
When IE is started as Untrusted(protected), WSA does not block cyberghostvpn.com. I
n the Untrusted session I confirmed through IE's Manage Add-ons screen that WSA's browser extensions are enabled.
If IE is protected by Defensewall, Process Explorer shows all 5 webroot dll's are loaded by iexplore.exe.(LPBar.dll(2x), LPPlugin.dll, wrflt.dll and WRusr.dll)

Version details: Windows 7 32 bit, Internet Explorer 11, Defensewall 3.24, WSA 8.0.4.84, Filtering extension 1.0.0.32.

UPDATE: Identity Shield doesn't seem to have problems. The lock icon still shows and Spyshelter test tool is unable to record keystrokes when IE is protected by DW.
icon

Best answer by BoerenkoolMetWorst 8 July 2014, 09:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Looks like your best shot might be contacting support on this one.
Userlevel 4
Just contacted them 🙂 I'll post the results when available.
Userlevel 4
Answer from support: WSA and Defensewall are both doing what they're designed to be doing. Defensewall blocks communication with Webroots DLL's, so there is not much that Webroot can do. There is also no way to stop this in DW's options, so if you want to use DW and WSA together, you can't use the Web Shield.