Solved

when I run system analyzer,.

• 14 August 2015
  • 8 replies

when i run systen analyzer., it tells me that ., updates are available., for your system ., and have not yet been installed ., what updates is this talking about,. it;s not the windows update,because , ive ran the windows update ,. and then ran system analyzer ., but still says the same thing ., and webroot does not .let me update .,it always says ., WEBROOT IS ALWAYS UPDATED .,my analyzer score is 84/100 ., how can i bring this score to where it was 100/100?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 20 August 2015, 13:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome back!

First, let me say that while a score of 100/100 is possible (My own laptop actually did manage to score it 6 months or so ago...) it is actually really pretty rare.  Having spent 3 years working for Geek Squad in the past, and having watched the System Analyzer be run on brand new laptops and yet fail to come even close, I have been asked this question a lot.  Do not expect a perfect score.. you might get it, but usually very few people do.  With comptuers becoming faster and faster with more and more RAM, we WILL start seeing more users get that magic 100/100, but I do not think it all that common yet.

OK, as for the Update question...   Let me do some checking and research on that, but please let me know what version of Windows you have installed on your computer.  Thanks!
Userlevel 7
OK, we have an update here.  A few of us have done some testing of our own, and it appears that there may be a problem between the System Analyzer and Windows 10.  Several of us are getting the exact same problem you are.  If you view the report details of a Windows 10 system that has been updated, you get something like this:

As can be seen, the System Analyzer is able to see that automatic updates are indeed durned on, and the update type, but the actual update(s) data is missing.

We have advised the Webroot team of this so they can take a further look at it.

thanks david ,, ill stop 2nd guessing myself., on my score ., apreciate the knowledge,.i am running windows 10., i just ran it ., it still says updates are available and have not been installed .it started sayig that after i upgraded to windows 10., but before on windows 7 ., the score was the same ,, but instead it ., said ., to sum it up., it said ., i had  memory leak .,., thanks once again 4 the reply
Userlevel 7
Well, thanks to you for your post.. I got to sniffing around more.  As I said on my last post, I asked around about it.

The Webroot team is well aware of it, and from what I have heard they have a fix already in testing for it.  What is happening is only in Windows 10.  Microsoft has changed how WIndows Update works in a way that System Analyzer is just not reading into it correctly.  We should be seeing a fix for it fairly soon, and System Analyzer will quit telilng us to update the updates we already have 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think the build that just came out yesterday should have a fix for this. Give it another shot after you've checked for updates.
Userlevel 7
LOL.  Looks like I should have re-tested before I replied... it is fixed on mine :)

Thanks Nic!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Cool, glad that did the trick!
once again , thank you for the knowledge david,. i just ran the analyzer ,., and it did , come back ., all green across the board ,. with a score of 100/100 ., i ran it 3 times ., and all 3x  came back green 100., ., this may sound a bit out there ., but ,., just knowing that i am all green across the board with a 100 score ., lets me sleep like a baby ., on cool winters night .,, ., t.m.i ,., i think ,. thanks david