Will Webroot stop Netflix playing? I have a black screen when trying to watch on my laptop.

• 5 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi all

I am having a problem with Netflix only having a black screen - I have sound but no picture - I have done all the troubleshooting except for anti virus/security, and was wondering if anyone had the same issue with Webroot blocking Netflix, and if so how do I fix it.

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi BB66

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please take a look at this thread from the help section of the Netflix site as it may provide assistance in this matter.

Please post back eitherway with an update on your status re. the issue.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi Baldrick

I did all the trouble shooting as suggested and found that when I disabled Webroot it worked perfectly, as soon as I enabled Webroot it gave me a black screen again. As it is a brand new computer I am going to take it back to where I bought it as they have informed me they didn't know Webroot caused this issue and they will look into for me.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi BB66

Thanks for the feedback. Do let us know how this pans out andd what they say/do to resolve it. If they do not manage to for some reason then remember that you can Open a Support Ticket and get the Webroot Support Team to look into this for you.

Regards, Baldrick