Skip to main content
I unable to connect my

Creative Zen V Plus 4 GB Portable Media Player media player to PC. It was working fine before I installed Webroot Secure Anywhere. I had norton before.

I unable to charge my MP3 player or link it to transfer files.

The same for my Acer Iconia 500 Tablet, transfer file.

Both is not being recognize. I install both driver again. I know it not driver issue.

SecureAnywhere doing something to prevent both device to be recognized.

Hello vodreaux and welcome to the Webroot Community!

While it might be possible for WSA do disrupt driver files for your devices, I am not sure that will be the case here.  The drivers for the devices tell the computer how to communicate with the device, but I think the USB power is always on.  If it is a driver issue, I would be more likely to think it is the computer's main USB drivers that were affected.

That would be a pretty rare situation though... have you tried to uninstall WSA and reboot the computer and try the USB again?  You might try this:

1. Uninstall WSA and reboot the computer

2. See if the devices work with WSA removed.  

• If yes, then continue to step 3.
  • If the devices still do not work, the problem was probably not caused by WSA. You might want to reinstall any mainboard drivers and try again or take your computer to a repair tech.Re-install WSA and reboot again.  If again the devices refuse to charge or connect then it may very well be something with the computer's USB drivers and WSA.  
3.Re-Install WSA and reboot the computer

4. Try the devices again.

• If the devices are still working... GREAT!  :)
  • If the devices stop working again, it is very possible that WSA is the culprit, and you might want to submit a Trouble Ticket There may be some files that can be whitelisted to avoid the problem.
Please check back in with us and let us know what the results are!