does webroot have any way to track a laptop??

• 24 October 2016
  • 5 replies

Can WEbroot tarck a laptop

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello HOODVIEWCHIRO, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Sorry, Webroot does not have a way to track a laptop.

Dave.;)
Userlevel 7
Hi HOODVIEWCHIRO

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Dave has posted...if you are runing Windows 10 on your laptop then you have access to functionality that works for laptops, desktops and tablets. To enable the feature, users need to be signed into a PC with a Microsoft account, logged in with a local administrator account and have location settings enabled.

So if you have none of the above it will not help you in this case but I am pointing it out in case you can use re. this issue, and if you cannot then at least you may be able to set up so it is of use in the future should the issue ever occur again.

If you Google "Tracking laptop location with Windows 10" you should find instructions on this functionality and how to use it.

Hope that is of use?

Regards, Baldrick

@ wrote:
Hi HOODVIEWCHIRO

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Dave has posted...if you are runing Windows 10 on your laptop then you have access to functionality that works for laptops, desktops and tablets. To enable the feature, users need to be signed into a PC with a Microsoft account, logged in with a local administrator account and have location settings enabled.

So if you have none of the above it wioll not help you in this case but I am pointing it out in case you can use re. this issue, and if you cannot then at least you may be able to set up so it is of use in the future should the issue ever occur again.

If you Google "Tracking laptop location with Windows 10" you should find instructions on this functionality and how to use it.

Hope that is of use?

Regards, Baldrick

Good to know, Baldrick. I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for that info. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Yea...thanks there ?:S  That was like "the needle in a haystack" you came up with.:D
Userlevel 7
Well, BlazeTen...thanks...but to be honest we all of us pick up odd bits of information whilst out and about online and never really know when they will be of use to someone else...this was one of those cases. :D