Skip to main content
Hi ,

i have some threats on a folder , after webroot detected they , i try to deleted folder , but show error and can not .

then i try use  " permanently erase with webroot " for delete forlder , but again show error .

then i erase quarantine and detection configuration and agaian try for delete folder , but can not .

when i shut down my webroot and agaian try for delete folder , but again can not and show error " error deleting file and folder " : it is being used by other person or program "

could you please help me why i can not detect this folder ?

Thanks ,

It looks like the files are locked down by system. Just a precaution, in case of the removed threats placed in the quarantine, please avoid tools to unlock files/folders locked down by system!!! You can rather try to reboot your machine, sometimes a reboot unlocks files. If this is not of a help, I would suggest you to open a support ticket.

When i deleted all quarantine and all threats activites on my webroot and use permanental erase webroot , i must can erase folder .

reboot system for any activities not good .

i think you are agree ? yes?

If I correctly understand, you already deleted files from the quarantine but there is still a folder that can't be deleted. If so, I think that even Permanently erase with Webroot will not work.
yes .

all check many solutions but can not deletec folder .

There has to be a reason why infected files were removed but the folder not. So I wouldn't experiment anymore and would contact support to have a look.
If the files were in a locked system folder (recycler/system32/) you wont be able to delete the folder. You will be able to delete certain files from within the folder however. If you submit  a ticket I`ll take a look at exactly whats going on.
Hi ,

No , folder is on My desktop .

No , i do not sent new ticket , becuase now i have new 3 tickets and i am waiting for answer Webroot support center .

Thanks ,

OK well without more information its very difficult for me to help out further.

If you create a new ticket with the following heading I will personally look at it. I am in the office for another 3 hours so I can get started on it right now if you want. Just reply here if you have created a ticket so I can check the support system.

"error on permantly erase with webroot -FAO of Roy Tobin"
Found your ticket (at least I think I have)

Checking the scan logs

I may need some full diagnostic logs
It looks like WSA was only installed today at 13:07 so I dont really have much info to go on. I have sent you a request for full diagnostic logs. Since its a folder on the desktop its a little unusual to be denied access on it. Is it on your desktop or are you trying to delete the folder from another users desktop using Windows explorer?
Dear , thank you so much .

Now Sir Roy answer me and now send diagnotise .

Thank you so much for help me .

Best Regards ,

Amir

As Roy would be taking a look, you can also try (removed link according to our Community Guidelines). It's very reliable.

Moderator: Feel free to reach out to Amit via Private Message for more information.
I have sent a reply via the support system requesting logs.
Roy don't forget to post the solution if you find one after collecting the logs as other members and guests to this Community could benefit from it. 🙂
Was this issue resolved? If so, we'd like to mark it as solved. If not, please let us know and we'll continue to assist. Thanks!
Hi Mike , yes , it is resolve . Thank you . Best Regards ,