How do I get malware out of facebook?

• 14 November 2015
  • 6 replies

I am unable to get into facebook.  It states that it looks like it is being affected by malware.  How do I correct the problem when there is no malware on my computer?

6 replies

Hi ?

I would reboot your computer without doing anything in Facebook. If you can't shut down normally, then do a hard reset (Hold power button for 5 seconds until computer shuts down) Then reboot and follow the instructions in the link that ? has posted.

If you are still having problems then I would submit a ticket and let support have a look for you. Support is free with an active subscription.

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
take a screenshot from that message & post it here so we can see it... May be malware so be careful
I go into facebook.com address bar and I have it in my favorites.  The ad won't go anywhere and at the top does say log out.  What should I do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Are you able to change your FB password? Here is FB help page.. https://www.facebook.com/help/389666567759871

Maybe be one of our other Forum members can assist here?
Userlevel 7
Hi cole1995

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please take a look at this thread over at the Facebook Forums, which hopefully will give you the pointers that you need.

Regards, Baldrick
Hello ?.

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I'm curious as to how you got to Facebook/message. Did you follow a link or did you type Facebook.com directly into the address bar? There have been many reports of fake popups notifying users of a problem, although I have not heard of this happening with Facebook, exactly, I'm wondering if you are actually on Facebook.

BD